Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Colorful Characters / Mr. Weather



I thought I was the only one in Elgin, Texas who had their bicycle decorated! I did that to enter The Elgin Western Days Parade in 2008. It was a lot of fun arranging all of my stuffed animal friends to wave along with me as we followed the Parade route! Of course my furbabies helped me to put it together! In this picture Skratchy and Squeek are showing their approval!

I really didn’t expect to win the
1st Place Blue Ribbon – there were so many incredible entries – but I did!! Everybody else had elaborate floats, were on horseback, or had their trucks or tractors decorated.

I was the only one on a bicycle!!





So, on Valentine’s Day 2010, I was much surprised to meet Mr. Weather!




I made him 2 poodles kissing on a heart balloon, and attached it to his bicycle. He said he gave it to ONE of his girlfriends – Happy Valentine’s Day!


It seems there are a LOT of colorful characters in Elgin!




No comments:

Post a Comment